Monday, March 31, 2008

Life a little more elevated

Yesterday we had the grand privilege of riding the brand new elevator in building 1 of Soldiers Field Park. The experience was certainly refreshing and I could ride it from the 1st floor to the 6th back to 1st just to enjoy the smooth and quick lift. This is quite a different ride from our previous elevator which would randomly stop and try to decide which way it was going "up or down"--leaving you with a sort of Labyrinth experience. I now step into the mod elevator and bask in the fresh new, clean smell and then reality hits when I step out into the 70's hospital-structure-like building with the scent of global cuisine down the hallway to my apt. Needless to say, I look forward to pressing that glowing button made of chrome every day. It's the small things that make a difference.

6 comments:

the Rabes said...

Sometimes those simple things we take for granted. I am glad you can now ride the elevator without having to think about it. how funny!

Allison and Noah Riley said...

I love it :). It's all about the little things some days! I hope you two are still loving your fun experiences!

DeYoung said...

It's so nice to have something to look forward to every day! Enjoy your ride!
-Mom

Ashley said...

You crack me up--I love that it means that much. Although hauling groceries and a two year old up three flights of stairs...ok. I'm TOTALLY with you on this one.

kelli said...

We missed you today at Grandpa's. Hope all is well. Give me a call,.

Brooke and Cody said...

Corey,
Cody needs your email address to send you some info about your 10 year reunion. You can email him at mcgarry@nova.edu-Thanks cuz hope you are doing well-