Thursday, March 24, 2011

Lucky

From CrowellPost2011

We were lucky to have some leprechauns make a surprise visit to our house early last Thursday morning! Thank you, leprechauns for sending lots of green for us to celebrate with! Elsie wasn't quite sure about the green milk at first, but once she knew the leprechauns turned it green, she wanted more!
I think these shamrock green bell pepper and egg will become tradition. :)

From CrowellPost2011

It's safe to say we each had at least two {okay, maybe three} bowls of the magic.

From CrowellPost2011

We leprechauns busied ourselves by making some rainbow cakes {derived from these delicious Rainbow Cupcakes} my friend and her little guy made .

From CrowellPost2011

The fact is, I only had a 6-muffin tin {meaning 3-4 rounds of baking} and making 6 smaller cakes seemed just right for our busy day. :)

From CrowellPost2011

What would the day be like without a hearty, Irish meal. Here's to Irish genes making perfect Irish Soda Bread. We chiseled through maybe a quarter of that hockey puck! Better luck next year. :)

From CrowellPost2011

Mischief written all over.

From CrowellPost2011

And we're lucky to have him.

8 comments:

Allison and Noah Riley said...

a) I adore your green sweater!

b) How amazing are those cakes?!

c) Who is that BIG boy and where has baby Spencer gone?! Oh my word!

Alisa and Crowells said...

This boy can eat! :)

DeYoung said...

Wow! It looks like you prepared all year to celebrate like that! What a great green day! Thanks for posting all the fun pictures. They are so fun to see. Love you all!
-Mom

Sarah said...

SO CUTE! I wish we could have spent the day together :) I'm seriously planning on making those cupcakes with you one year!!!!

The Herdts said...

Alisa,
Yum...wanna come babysit at my house and make us some of those goodies? Just kidding. That is way awesome...Elsie looks so extatic!! We had green pancakes and an "Irish" stew (ok....it just had potatoes in it, but it was kinda Irish!)

XOXO, miss you all the more:
Julie and the Herdts

Angelika said...

Thanks for letting us .. be guests at your St.Patricks Day!! Very Green and Irish!! I knew .. we've been to Ireland last summer!
Lots of fun for Elsie .. and Allison is right .. Spencer doesn't look very much like a baby anymore .. very grown up!!SMILE!!
Love Angelika and Ulrich

Anonymous said...

You've got the cutest ideas! And the cutest kids :)

DeYoung said...

I also meant to comment on the cool shamrock eggs in the green peppers! That is so awesome how they turn into perfect shamrocks! Great idea! We'll have to give it a try next year...if I remember!
Love,
-Mom