Monday, October 3, 2011

ONE Year Ago...


From Post Cards 2011
...Spencer Everett surprised us by entering our world his way--fast and at home {where he apparently was most comfortable}. Mr. Spence has been full of surprises ever since: Huge baby boy (people have often told me they only believe he's ours because I had him at home, otherwise we could have totally been given a baby belonging to someone else), super healthy (not sick once--at least from what I can remember), ate solids at 4.5 months, had "vampire" teeth until his front two popped in, and didn't really get a full head of hair until the end of his 10th month. What would life be like without surprises anyway! So, we celebrated. I took so many pictures of Spence, I didn't take any pictures of our Skype/gVideo with family, nor friends helping make a great party. We love you! 

From Post Cards 2011
Naturally, we made "Spencer's Chocolate Cake," the potential culprit for the time-reduced labor--that rich chocolate aroma sure is relaxing....until your water breaks the sweet dream and sends a baby! Wish I'd had powdered sugar, but Spence didn't mind the mini M&M's. He loved the cake. He loves food and will let you know it, too. Music moves this boy--swaying to the birthday song was too darling. 

From Post Cards 2011
Couldn't resist buying the "blue-light" (what they generally go by here)/green-checkered ambulance---and the Medic appropriately dressed in his green (we promise your future birthday themes will not be emergency-related, sweet boy). We are so happy you entered our world.

5 comments:

DeYoung said...

A very Happy Birthday to a very sweet boy! We Love you, Spencer!
Love, Grandpa and Grandma DeYoung

Melanie Parker said...

Happy Birthday Spencer! He is so handsome.

The Herdts said...

Oh, my goodness!
I can't believe it's been a whole year since I first saw your post about Spencer being born! He is so big and cute! And he has good tastes in food, it appears!
Happy Birthday, Cousin Spencer!
XOXO,
Julie & the rest of those crazy Herdts

Ashley said...

Yummy!! (the boy and the cake) Happy Birthday, deliciously chubby sweet boy!!

Jamie said...

They grow up WAY too FAST!!