Wednesday, November 21, 2012

One Week Pearl




From Post Cards 2012
You blink and miss a minute. Already sweet Margaret Ann was born just over one week ago. "Margaret," a family name of Suffolk, England in the 1500's means, "pearl," or "daughter of light." Maggie is just that. I wish I could always hear sweet little Elsie lean over Maggie's cot and chat away as though they've been forever the best of friends. 

From Post Cards 2012
Lots can happen in a week. We have been showered with tender love by all our dear family and friends with flowers, handmade knitted sweaters, homemade meals, gifts, sweets, and lovely {best-in-the-world carrot cake}. 

From Post Cards 2012
My lovely mother-in-law returned to Utah on Sunday--as noted by the sea of toys, laundry, books, and who-knows-what on our floor. :) But hey, Spencer and Elsie {for the most part} play really well together, and occasionally stop playing {or coloring on walls--we won't mention my exploding fire-hydrant-of- emotions when Spencer "decorated" our front door with permanent marker--thanks to "surgical spirit" or rubbing alcohol for working magic} to leave sweet little kisses on Maggie's forehead.


From Post Cards 2012
We try to capture what we feel and see with a camera, but I am going to miss her tiny fingers, toes, bundled-up little body, and button nose for Eskimo kisses. Better hold this little Pearl in the palm of my hand as much as I can before it's too late!

3 comments:

Angelika said...

There's Magic around Maggie

Angelika said...

And she shows us her First shy smile

DeYoung said...

That is a tender post! Beautifully done! The blanket is absolutely perfect for her and for her name.I love it all. And I love you all!
Love,
-Mom/Grandma