Thursday, May 8, 2008

Newport Ball



We went to the cozy town of Newport, RI this last weekend and had a ball! We dressed up all fancy schmancy and danced in one of the mansions along the coast. It was fun to be around friends we've gotten to know throughout the year. I regret not taking more of the pictures at the ball--I must not have been in a picture-taking mood. It never hurts to take too many pics! On Saturday we toured the harbor and then went to visit the famous Breaker Mansion--"summer" home of the Vanderbilt family. It was sold to a preservation committee for only $360,000 when it is worth millions. This place is spacious--4 spouts come with each tub (2 for salt water, 2 for fresh water). This home easily compares to a palace in Europe. It's incredible! If you ever visit the East, Newport is a must and the mansions are worth seeing!

5 comments:

utahmama2 said...

I am glad you updated your blog, looks like fun!! how are you doing?!

DeYoung said...

Fun pictures, anyway! Thanks for sharing them. It's always fun to see what you have told us about.
Nice job. The purple dress is a nice color for you, Alisa! And Corey always looks sharp in the black...was it a tux?
-Mom

kelli said...

Looks like you guys are having fun! How are you doing? Give me another ring. I would love to talk to you longer when I don't have to run out the door to yet another meeting.

the Rabes said...

How fun!! That place looks incredible! The ball sounds like such a good time. I am so glad you guys are getting so see so many fun things!

JenSwen said...

Crowells! I just found your blog. The other day Scott and I were wondering how you guys were doing. I see you're back in the states now - somewhere in the northeast? How was Spain? We're living in Salt Lake while Scott goes to med school at the U and we have an 18-month-old daughter. Great to find you guys in the blog world!

Jen Swendsen
thurber55.blogspot.com (my family's blog)